Congratulations to Paul Ryan on two counts:
- His overwhelming and much deserved reelection victory
- Donald Trump’s endorsement of Paul Ryan and of Paul Ryan’s Economic Growth Agenda
We have been urging Donald Trump to embrace the Ryan / House Republican policy agenda on key issues to confirm that he shares solid, traditional conservative Republican values. He did just that Monday at the Detroit Economic Club, following in the footsteps of Ronald Reagan who gave his famous “supply side” tax reform speech in Detroit in 1980 which carried him to the Presidency.
Trump’s economic growth plan has drawn heavily on the Ryan / Brady tax reform proposal (with some modifications), other Ryan / House Republican Working Group proposals, as well as our National Tax Limitation Committee / Heartland Institute growth “road maps”:
- Abolishing the hated Death Tax
- Reducing personal income tax brackets to three, with tax cuts for everyone
- Dramatically cutting the corporate tax rate to bring jobs and investment back to America
- Immediate expensing of capital investments to replace depreciation schedules
- Regulatory reform with special emphasis on growing America’s energy industry
- Repeal of Obamacare
- And more
For a more detailed analysis we’ve made available the Uhler / Ferrara Investor Business Dailey op-ed “Trump Campaign Revived by New Economic Growth Plan” (click here) and the complete Trump Detroit Economic Club speech (click here).